3525 Byron Road, Howell, MI 48855
Treasury Information and Millage Rates
Dear Property Owner:
Howell Township’s winter taxes are due by February 14, 2024 by 5:00 p.m. We do not accept postmarks. Howell Township is open 8-5 Monday-Thursday, closed Friday and all federal holidays. The Township office will also be closed December 21st, 25th, and 28th. The last day to pay taxes in 2023 is December 27th by 5:00 pm. You can pay your taxes by mail, at the Township Hall, or through our website:
howelltownshipmi.org follow the link PAY ONLINE.
Please be aware processing fees apply to all online payments that go to the processing company. Howell Township does not accept E-CHECK payments through our website.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not waive interest, penalties, or administration fees. The legal responsibility of paying taxes on the correct parcel of property rests with the taxpayer. Please include property ID number and phone number with all payments.
Howell Township has new software that allows us to email receipts. If you would like us to email you your tax receipt please include your email address on your tax stub.
Tax bills paid through your online banking system may take 15 to 20 business days to be received by the Township. If an escrow company has requested your tax bill it will be indicated on your tax bill after the phrase, “This escrow company requested your bill:”. Please be aware that your mortgage company most likely uses a separate escrow company to pay the taxes.
Cash and Check Information:
1) CASH - It is not always possible to break large bills, as the office keeps minimal change on hand for security reasons. Please pay with small denomination bills or with the exact change.
2) CHECKS - Make checks payable to: Howell Township Treasurer. Include your telephone number and property ID number (i.e. 4706-xx-xxx-xxx) on your check. Please write checks for the exact amount of the taxes due and use black or blue ink.
3) DROP BOX - The Township has a drop box located at the front of the Township Hall by the main entrance for your convenience. Any payments left after 5:00 p.m. will be applied on the next Township business day.
4) PARTIAL PAYMENTS - The Treasurer accepts partial payments.
5) RECEIPTS – Given upon request.
Jonathan Hohenstein Carol Makushik
Howell Township Treasurer Howell Township Deputy Treasurer
517-546-2817 ext. 103 517-546-2817 ext. 102